500 women attend 3F event in Dubai
Dubai, November 19, 2013
More than 500 ladies attended a major fitness, fashion and food show for women at Dubai’s Ritz-Carlton Hotel recently.
The Women’s 3F Show, which was sponsored by Nice Care Medical Center (NCMC), gave visitors a ‘sneak preview’ of cutting edge innovations and trends in women’s fitness, fashion and food.
It brought together leading doctors, nutritionists, fitness trainers, therapists, fashion gurus, diplomats and female entrepreneurs representing diverse cultures, interests and age groups.
Dr Messef Al Abdul Razzak, chairman of NCMC, said: “The UAE’s biggest health threat is not a lack of medication or doctors, but a lack of awareness. Many of our biggest health problems can be easily prevented through healthier lifestyles revolving around regular exercise and healthier diets. That’s why we have sponsored this high-profile platform that brings together hundreds of the most innovative thought leaders in fitness and food.
“The third pillar of this event, fashion, recognises that internal improvements to our health will also yield external improvements to our appearance, which in turn boosts confidence and self-esteem. In short, we are making it ‘fashionable’ to be healthy.”
Exhibitors and speakers focused on topics such as the UAE’s growing rates of diabetes and obesity, expert tips on sun protection, recommended dietary improvements and the fusion of technology and beauty at the UAE’s wellness spas.
Visitors at the invitation-only event were also treated to a fashion show and attractive prizes were up for grabs in NCMC’s raffle draws.
The event’s timing is particularly relevant given that November is the month of diabetes awareness worldwide - a health condition that now affects 19 per cent of the UAE population. Medical experts have pointed the finger at the high levels of smoking, inadequate exercise, smoking and diets saturated with sugar, salt and trans-fats.
Dr Razzak added that the show is helped to make the UAE population more health-conscious so that the public will proactively get health check-ups before it is too late. “Prevention is always better than cure. Therefore we have offered free health check-ups, free hydrafacial consultations to rejuvenate the skin and accentuate its beauty, enlightening talks and various other services to create a culture of health awareness.”
“However we want to emphasize that women’s health is not only limited to the women themselves but also extends to their children - because if their families are healthy, women have greater emotional and mental well-being. That’s why we also offer compassionate care in pediatrics, to ensure better health for the whole family,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Mackeen unveils document management solution
- Seha opens new clinics in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain
- SARS virus claims one more victim in Saudi
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman
- Al Noor Hospitals targets domestic growth
- Medical panel on the way in Bahrain
- 40pc of UAE adults ‘have hypertension’
- Saudi diabetics urged to stay away from camels
- GCC readies plan to fight heart diseases
- Bahrain opens sickle cell hospital
- Hazardous waste focus for Oman summit
- Infectious viruses to be tracked by satellite in UAE
- Mafraq Hospital names new surgery chief
- Saudi health ministry seals BMJ partnership
- Need for medical simulation training highlighted
- UAE-France discuss healthcare collaboration
- Seha focus on patient centred services