Al Noor Hospitals IPO wins best deal award
Dubai, October 14, 2013
The IPO of Al Noor Hospitals Group, an Abu Dhabi-based integrated private healthcare service provider, won Euro Week’s ‘Best Deal in Middle East & Africe’ award recently.
The Euro Week EMEA ECM Awards recognised the hospital after it raised £221 million ($352.4 million and listed on the London Stock Exchange in June 2013.
Dr Kassem Alom, chief executive officer, said: “Al Noor’s IPO marked a significant step forward for the business and the company is well set to execute on its growth strategy. We are pleased to be able to welcome a strong set of institutional investors to our share register. I would like to thank all the advisers on the transaction who worked tirelessly to ensure a successful outcome.”
Deutsche Bank and Goldman Sachs International acted as joint sponsors and joint global co-ordinators, while HSBC Bank acted as joint bookrunners in relation to the offer.
Rothschild was financial adviser to Al Noor. Linklaters was the English and US legal adviser to the company, Al Tamimi & Co, King & Spalding and Maples and Calder were the UAE legal advisers. KPMG acted as reporting accountants and auditors while Deloitte & Touche acted as tax advisers.
The methodology for the awards included the putting together a shortlist of deals that were completed between August 1, 2012 and July 31, 2013 and asking the equity capital markets banks to rank the nominations in each category. - TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'
- 500,000 suffer from spinal cord injuries
- 3BL to assess Majaal corporate sustainability
- Diabetes experts to meet in Abu Dhabi