MetLife Alico offers complimentary mammograms
Dubai, October 13, 2013
MetLife Alico, a leading insurance provider, is set to provide complimentary mammograms in partnership with healthcare providers across the country during October.
The campaign covers MetLife’s corporate clients holding valid medical cards and is in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2013 in the UAE.
It aims to promote regular breast screening among women over the age of 40. Regular screening and early detection are major factors in the successful treatment of the disease, said a statement.
Under the campaign, the company has partnered with 18 clinics and hospitals across the UAE to provide the service to its clients.
Chafic Houry, corporate solutions director, MetLife Alico Gulf, said: “We encourage our corporate customers to take advantage of this special offer during the month of October. This is one of our many wellness initiatives we provide to our customers to serve our communities and partners in every possible way.”
Dr Shafiq Shaikh, medical network director and head of claims, added: “Early detection of breast cancer can save a life and so we are urging women over 40 to take advantage of this offer and to continue with the screening habit every year. They should have a mammography every one to two years.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Bapco installs $120m water treatment plant
- $68bn health bill warning for GCC
- VLCC launches anti-obesity initiative in Bahrain
- 1,000 health experts at Doha innovation summit
- Major progress in fight against malaria
- MAF Dalkia, Dubai Aviation ink consultancy deal
- Summit highlights HR challenges in Arab health sector
- Saudi launches ambitious gene mapping project
- ADSW to focus on energy-water nexus
- Bahrain moves to combat marine pollution