Health show to be launched in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, October 6, 2013
A new health and wellbeing show is set to be launched in the UAE offering an opportunity for everyone to try out new sports and activities and learn how to change lifestyle habits for a healthier future.
The Abu Dhabi Alive will kick off at the Zayed Sports City, Abu Dhabi from November 27 to 30, and will feature interactive games, a rock climbing wall, fitness classes and cooking demonstrations, besides a range of sports.
Free advice will be available from expert health and fitness professionals and medical checks and body composition assessments will help people understand the impact that a change to their lifestyles could make, said a statement.
Principal sponsor Activelife by Daman, as part of its programme to promote well being and foster healthy living habits across the UAE, will participate in the event.
“Our Activelife initiative has been incredibly well received in the UAE and we are keen to be at Abu Dhabi Alive to spread the word to even more people who want to make positive changes in their daily lives,” said Dr Sven Rohte, chief commercial officer at Daman.
“We will be at the show to discuss a range of health-related topics, particularly about how to make the first step towards a state of wellbeing,” added Dr Rohte.
A recent study indicated that 41 per cent of the UAE population over the age of 30 suffers from high blood pressure, significantly higher than the global average of 25 to 30 per cent.
Vivafit, a fitness centre new to UAE from Europe, is taking part to launch its branch opening in Abu Dhabi. It offers a range of workout solutions for women of all ages with exercise classes lasting 30 minutes, packed full of high intensity power, focused on weight loss and wellbeing.
“We strongly believe that women are the backbone of a family and if they are healthy, then the whole family is healthy,” said Otima Bhanot, franchise owner of Vivafit Abu Dhabi.
Other exhibitors include Adventure HQ, an outdoor adventure superstore, Flotation Centre, Lotus Holistic Alternative Centre, Natural Care from Jordan which will be giving out free medical and cosmetic product samples, Palmer’s Cocoa Butter, a leading skin care brand, RSU Healthcare which will provide free eye screening tests, diet centre Slim’n Lite, and Unicef, which will offer advice specifically for children. - TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman
- Al Noor Hospitals targets domestic growth
- Medical panel on the way in Bahrain
- 40pc of UAE adults ‘have hypertension’
- Saudi diabetics urged to stay away from camels
- GCC readies plan to fight heart diseases
- Bahrain opens sickle cell hospital
- Hazardous waste focus for Oman summit
- Infectious viruses to be tracked by satellite in UAE
- Mafraq Hospital names new surgery chief
- Saudi health ministry seals BMJ partnership
- Need for medical simulation training highlighted
- UAE-France discuss healthcare collaboration
- Seha focus on patient centred services
- Saudi-Tokyo firms in wastewater technology JV
- Leading experts at Dubai diabetes conference
- UAE reliance on green energy on the rise
- DB unit backs therapeutic riding programme