Waste management expo to be held in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, September 10, 2013
Abu Dhabi-based Masdar, a leading renewable energy company, has joined hands with The Center of Waste Management - Abu Dhabi (CWM) to launch a new international exhibition dedicated to waste management and recycling.
The 'EcoWaste' expo will be held from January 20 to 22 during Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week, at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre.
The event will address the region’s waste disposal challenges to further promote sustainable development and environmental conservation.
CWM chairman Mohammed Al Bawardi said: “The centre is mandated to develop and implement an integrated waste management system for Abu Dhabi. At the same time, the issues of waste management and recycling affect the entire Middle East and are global in scale."
“EcoWaste will be a valuable opportunity to bring together local knowledge and international expertise to advance innovation and best practice in this field,” he said.
Dr Sultan Al Jaber, CEO of Masdar stated that the inclusion of EcoWaste alongside the World Future Energy Summit recognises that recycling and the conversion of waste materials into power is vital for long-term energy and environmental sustainability."
“With its productive output and efficient conversion rate, waste-to-energy is emerging as an attractive clean energy source. EcoWaste is the ideal platform to showcase the latest global technologies making this sector more efficient,” said Al Jaber. - TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'
- 500,000 suffer from spinal cord injuries
- 3BL to assess Majaal corporate sustainability
- Diabetes experts to meet in Abu Dhabi