Mers-Cov claims 2 more lives in Saudi Arabia
Riyadh, August 26, 2013
Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Health revealed the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus (MERS) has claimed two more lives and four others have been diagnosed with the disease in the past five days, said a report.
The global death toll from the disease is now 47, including 41 in Saudi Arabia, said the Arab News report.
One of the new fatalities was a 51-year-old man suffering from cancer and chronic diseases in Riyadh, who had earlier been diagnosed with MERS. The other was a 54-year old citizen, also suffering from chronic diseases, who had been previously reported as infected with this virus.
Two new cases of infection were registered in the southwestern region of Asir and two others in Riyadh, said the report.
More Health & Environment Stories
- VLCC launches anti-obesity initiative in Bahrain
- 1,000 health experts at Doha innovation summit
- Major progress in fight against malaria
- MAF Dalkia, Dubai Aviation ink consultancy deal
- Summit highlights HR challenges in Arab health sector
- Saudi launches ambitious gene mapping project
- ADSW to focus on energy-water nexus
- Bahrain moves to combat marine pollution
- Saudi hospital implements patient safety project
- Vasilica Aesthetics opens Dubai office