Moorfields Dubai appoints new specialist
Dubai, July 7, 2013
Moorfields Eye Hospital Dubai, the first overseas branch of the Moorfields Eye Hospital in London, has appointed specialist consultant Dr Darakhshanda Khurram, to its growing team of medical specialists.
Dr Khurram is a consultant paediatric ophthalmologist with a specialist interest in paediatric cataract congenital eye disease and squint (strabismus) surgery, said a statement.
She is also experienced in the screening and management of retinopathy of prematurity (ROP – a disease of the eye effecting prematurely born babies) and has advanced diagnostic skills in paediatric ophthalmology including congenital eye abnormalities and inherited diseases, it said.
Dr Khurram has been an active researcher and has a strong record of peer reviewed publications in clinical research and audit, besides presentations at international conferences, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- ADSW to focus on energy-water nexus
- Bahrain moves to combat marine pollution
- Saudi hospital implements patient safety project
- Vasilica Aesthetics opens Dubai office
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases