Daman launches new health support programmes
Abu Dhabi, July 7, 2013
UAE's National Health Insurance Company, Daman has added three new programmes to its health support services.
The programmes include support for colorectal and cervical cancers and rheumatoid arthritis, said a statement.
Daman’s health support director, Dr Alfons Grabosch said: “We understand that patients need more support than mere medication. The addition of three new programmes means we are now able to provide professional counsel on six life-changing diseases.”
Daman members joining any health support programme are assigned a personal coordinator who provides regular support in coordination with the treating physician. The coordination allows members to be more involved and aware of their condition and treatment plan, said the statement.
Along with the new colorectal cancer management programme, Daman is now including coverage for colorectal cancer screening in all Enhanced plans. The annual screening is offered to members over 50 years of age, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Saudi hospital implements patient safety project
- Vasilica Aesthetics opens Dubai office
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'
- 500,000 suffer from spinal cord injuries