Mafraq Hospital (new campus) - an artist's impression
Mafraq Hospital unveils plan to build new facility
Abu Dhabi, April 17, 2013
Mafraq Hospital, a leading unit of Abu Dhabi Healthcare Services (Seha), today unveiled its strategic plans to build a new hospital that will replace the existing facility.
The plan outlines the hospital’s areas of focus and development aimed towards providing higher levels of healthcare for the Abu Dhabi and UAE residents.
Lee Huntley, Mafraq Hospital’s chief executive officer, said the strategic plans have been developed by the executive officers since their appointment by Seha last year.
“The management team has a clear vision of where we would like to take Mafraq Hospital, and the new initiatives unveiled today are key activities in our strategic plan to take the hospital forward,” he said.
“Mafraq Hospital is committed to serve the Abu Dhabi and UAE communities by developing long-term strategic plans that are well-aligned with goals and expansion plans of the Executive Council and Abu Dhabi Plan 2030.
“We are working closely with Seha and the entire Seha HealthSystem to implement a plan for service line integration which will make the best use of skills and resources of world-class physicians, and improve healthcare standards, both locally and internationally.”
“As part of Seha’s service line integration, over the next two years, Mafraq Hospital will establish regional Centres of Excellence in new specialties including Ortho and Joint, Spine, Vascular and Neuroscience. The hospital will also become a Level 1 accredited hospital,” Huntley continued.
“Our new campus is well underway and is expected to be open by 2015. It will serve as the community hospital for one of the fastest growing areas in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and attract outstanding physicians and medical care teams from around the world. The opening of the new campus will also attract more Emiratis into the medical profession,” added Huntley.
The executive team also announced its collaborative relationship with Al Rahba Hospital.
Dr Mohammed Yaman, chief medical officer at Mafraq Hospital, said, “Our collaboration with Al Rahba Hospital is in line with our commitment to ensure the highest level of healthcare in the regional communities.
“We believe that the agreement to share service contracts, marketing expertise and physicians with Al Rahba will allow us to solidify and grow our regional market presence. It is a win-win situation for both hospitals, and we are confident that this collaboration will present increased opportunities for enhanced patient services and quality initiatives.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman
- Al Noor Hospitals targets domestic growth
- Medical panel on the way in Bahrain
- 40pc of UAE adults ‘have hypertension’
- Saudi diabetics urged to stay away from camels
- GCC readies plan to fight heart diseases
- Bahrain opens sickle cell hospital
- Hazardous waste focus for Oman summit
- Infectious viruses to be tracked by satellite in UAE
- Mafraq Hospital names new surgery chief
- Saudi health ministry seals BMJ partnership
- Need for medical simulation training highlighted
- UAE-France discuss healthcare collaboration
- Seha focus on patient centred services
- Saudi-Tokyo firms in wastewater technology JV
- Leading experts at Dubai diabetes conference
- UAE reliance on green energy on the rise