Abu Dhabi to host top water summit again
Abu Dhabi, March 24, 2013
The second edition of the International Water Summit (IWS) will be held in Abu Dhabi in January next year as part of the Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week.
The event, from January 20 – 22, will be co-located with the World Future Energy Summit, an announcement said.
The inaugural IWS in January this year, hosted by Masdar with the strategic Partnership of Adwea, was attended by over 4,700 delegates from 75 countries and contributed significantly to addressing global water issues such as water scarcity in Arab regions, sustainable growth and economic development in arid regions, the future challenges of water availability and cross-boundary collaboration through international water governance and the water – energy nexus.
Ara Fernezian, divisional managing director – UAE at Reed Exhibitions, organiser of the International Water Summit, said he was very confident that IWS 2014 would be as successful as the first one.
“We have strong commitments from key stakeholders locally and internationally for IWS 2014, and with the increased awareness of water issues through the International Year of Water Cooperation and the UN’s World Water Day 2013 events, we expect even greater interest in the role that IWS is playing to finding solutions.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- ADSW to focus on energy-water nexus
- Bahrain moves to combat marine pollution
- Saudi hospital implements patient safety project
- Vasilica Aesthetics opens Dubai office
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases