Qatar firm, Siemens to develop green transport
Doha, March 21, 2013
Qatar-based GreenGulf, a renewable energy and clean technology company, has signed an agreement with Siemens towards cooperation in developing projects in energy efficiency and urban transportation in the emirate.
The agreement includes the identification, conceptualization, and development of opportunities and possible pilot projects that are of interest to both companies in areas including energy optimization and supply management, energy-efficient district cooling technologies and the e-Bus urban transport system in Qatar.
The e-Bus, which is currently in operation in Vienna, Austria, recharges within 15 minutes and recovers braking energy. The memorandum of understanding (MoU) is expected to form the basis of a future business partnership.
“As Qatar continues to make great strides towards realizing its National Vision 2030 and with increasing investments in infrastructure in preparation for the World Cup 2022, this partnership is crucial to delivering energy efficient solutions to help the country realize its future goals,” said Bernhard Fonseka, CEO of Siemens in Qatar.
“Qatar is committed to creating a cleaner and more energy efficient environment and we hope this partnership with GreenGulf will result in significant contributions to addressing the challenges in those areas."
GreenGulf Inc. will provide advisory services, know-how and expertise for the development, positioning and implementation of new projects in Qatar. Siemens will contribute with cutting-edge solutions for energy efficiency in urban transportation, district cooling, energy optimization, and grid management.
The cooperation between the two companies reiterates their continued support for the country’s ongoing trans-formation and its future goals for sustainable development. Through education, scientific research, technology transfer, and community development, Qatar is striving to reduce energy consumption and reliance on carbon-based energy resources.
"GreenGulf Inc. is very excited to collaborate with Siemens to develop unique applications and clean technologies for Qatar. We look forward to contributing positively to the country's growth in a sustainable manner and to support the Qatar National Vision 2030 and specifically strategic initiatives such as the World Cup 2022," said Omran Al-Kuwari CEO of GreenGulf Inc. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Mackeen unveils document management solution
- Seha opens new clinics in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain
- SARS virus claims one more victim in Saudi
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman
- Al Noor Hospitals targets domestic growth
- Medical panel on the way in Bahrain
- 40pc of UAE adults ‘have hypertension’
- Saudi diabetics urged to stay away from camels
- GCC readies plan to fight heart diseases
- Bahrain opens sickle cell hospital
- Hazardous waste focus for Oman summit
- Infectious viruses to be tracked by satellite in UAE
- Mafraq Hospital names new surgery chief
- Saudi health ministry seals BMJ partnership
- Need for medical simulation training highlighted
- UAE-France discuss healthcare collaboration
- Seha focus on patient centred services