Health authority implements Oracle solution
Abu Dhabi, March 17, 2013
The Health Authority of Abu Dhabi (HAAD) has achieved significant savings and improved services to its suppliers and customers with the implementation of an Oracle solution.
The health authority deployed Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1 to standardize processes and improve efficiency.
It reduced customer service transaction workload by 20 per cent, automated the requisition cycle with paperless processes, accelerated processing five-fold on average, and cut the monthly financial closing process from 10 days to three days, said a statement.
By rolling out self-service capabilities, the organization saves 800 work-hours and 25,000 sheets of paper annually. HAAD increased the performance of its front-office processes, driven by third-party applications that are uploaded into the data warehouse every night, by 80 per cent, on average, and facilitated strategic decision-making through in-depth analysis capabilities, it said.
To achieve further efficiencies HAAD:
* Automated and eliminated paper-based processes to accelerate purchase approvals from five days to 24 hours, reducing operational and filing costs
• Introduced electronic purchase orders and automated the requisition cycle, reducing requisition cycle times from an average of 25 days to 5 days
• Accelerated invoice processing and reduced associated costs—with nearly 50 per cent of all invoices now received in electronic format—and enabled suppliers to follow the payment status of their invoices through an online portal
• Accelerated the monthly financial close process from 10 days to 3 days by eliminating the need to gather data from a large number of data sources
HAAD is the regulatory body charged with ensuring excellence in community healthcare in the Emirate.
"Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Business Intelligence improved the resiliency of our back-office processes, resulting in faster turnaround times for customer transactions,” said Ali Mohamed Al Ali, IT manager, HAAD. “We have achieved tremendous savings in terms of manpower and costs and optimized our entire operation while improving customer satisfaction, both internally and externally.
“We rely on Oracle technology because it provides us with process- and policy-driven workflows that enable quicker and very accurate decision-making and much faster process turnaround times,” he said.
Oracle partner Capgemini Consulting, Middle East & Africa, implemented Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1, while Oracle partner Raqmiyat ensures the support of HAAD’s Oracle applications. - TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Ooredoo, Messi team up for children’s health
- Elan buys $40m stake in Dubai pharma group
- BA wins top business ethics awards
- MAF Dalkia inks service deal for TDIC project
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products
- Abu Dhabi taps into non-oil sectors for growth
- Bahrain, Saudi hospitals in transplant tie-up
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Egypt charity launches thalassemia campaign
- Disease focus for Dubai cardio summit