Call to join Earth Hour
Dubai, March 13, 2013
People and organisations in the UAE have been urged to join hundreds of millions of people across the globe in switching off all lights for one hour – Earth Hour – on March 23.
This hour of darkness is a symbol of environmental action and will take place at 8:30 pm local time on the day, said Emirates Wildlife Society.
Encouraging UAE residents to make Earth Hour 2013 bigger and better than before, Ida Tillisch, acting director general of Emirates Wildlife Society in association with WWF, said: “Last year UAE Earth Hour was a big success, and this would not have been possible without the hard work of our partners and individual supporters who helped organise events across the country, spreading the conservation message and committing to long term change.”
“We hope that businesses, organisations, communities and individuals will not only join us by switching off for one hour but will also take this opportunity and commit to long term environmental action.”
Organizations and individuals are encouraged to sign up for Earth Hour and announce their environmental commitment to inspire others including their family, friends, employees, clients and partners, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'
- 500,000 suffer from spinal cord injuries
- 3BL to assess Majaal corporate sustainability
- Diabetes experts to meet in Abu Dhabi