Bahrain to host forum on early diagnosis
Manama, March 5, 2013
Bahrain will host the first international conference on methods of early diagnosis and recent trends in drug therapy.
The International Rheumatology Conference is being organised by King Hamad University Hospital and will be held on Saturday at the hospital, said a report in the Gulf Daily News.
It will feature lectures by consultants and experts in the field from Bahrain, the UAE, Qatar and Egypt, said hospital chief executive Major-General Dr Shaikh Salman bin Ateyatala Al Khalifa.
"Around 2,000 patients are diagnosed with several kinds of rheumatic diseases in Bahrain every year," he said.
"In case these are not diagnosed and treated early, severe complications might result."
Hospital consultant rheumatologist Dr Sahar Saad said early diagnosis was necessary to prevent aggressive joint damage and patient disability. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Ooredoo, Messi team up for children’s health
- Elan buys $40m stake in Dubai pharma group
- BA wins top business ethics awards
- MAF Dalkia inks service deal for TDIC project
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products
- Abu Dhabi taps into non-oil sectors for growth
- Bahrain, Saudi hospitals in transplant tie-up
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Egypt charity launches thalassemia campaign
- Disease focus for Dubai cardio summit