Bahrain’s cold snap to run for two days
Manama, January 15, 2013
Bahrain's cold weather will continue today and tomorrow with temperatures expected to drop to below 11C, a report said.
Strong surface winds will increase the chill factor with a maximum temperature of no more than 15C expected on both days, according to the Civil Aviation Affairs Meteorology Directorate.
"The recent cold spell in Saudi Arabia is probably also affecting Bahrain, but it is not the only factor," one official was quoted as saying by our sister publication the Gulf Daily News.
"The weather is generally cold at this time of the year."
Wind speeds are set to reach 25 to 30 knots until tomorrow, but are due to ease to between three and five knots by Friday. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Egypt charity launches thalassemia campaign
- Disease focus for Dubai cardio summit
- Masdar, World Bank team up on clean tech
- Patient-to-nurse spread of SARS-like virus reported
- 40 medics to participate in Seha programme
- Bahrain to discuss SARS action with WHO
- Saudi Health sees big visitor turnout
- Etisalat to join GSMA diabetes drive
- Ultra-low salt intake may not boost health