CSH holds check-ups for Duty Free employees
Dubai, January 14, 2013
Dubai-based Canadian Specialist Hospital (CSH), one of the largest private hospitals catering to the tertiary healthcare needs of the Middle East, conducted free medical check-ups today, for the employees of Dubai Duty Free (DDF), living in Dubai Silicon Oasis.
The event, attended by over 200 people, was held in one of the residential clusters occupied by the employees of DDF, a statement from the hospital said. In addition to the health check-ups, staff of DDF also benefited from a free consultation with the general practitioner from the hospital.
The team conducted blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol medical tests.
Dr Hayder Al Zubaidy, chief executive of CSH, said: “The initiative undertaken with the Dubai Duty Free coincides with our mission to contribute towards a better and healthier UAE, by frequently organising campaigns that create awareness around many of the serious and growing health concerns in the UAE.”
“We share a vision of a healthy life for everyone with the DDF and various other government and private organisations, which is why we hold these periodical health drives. At CSH, we always stand for going beyond routine and traditional medical services, and I would like to thank my team for implementing this so well,” he added.
The event was a part of the hospital’s periodical health drives with various government organisations, which aims to ensure the upgrading of medical services and to improve the overall health aspect in the country. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Saudi confirms another death from new virus
- Men ‘at more risk from SARS-like virus’
- Wild poliovirus in the Horn of Africa
- Conference to be held at Burjeel hospital
- Tunisia confirms 2 cases of SARS-like virus
- Bahrain sets up team to combat new virus
- Bahrain sees 700pc rise in use of painkillers
- BCC joins global drive on heart disease
- NBK to fund hospital expansion
- Oman launches ME-first solar driven oil recovery