French orthopaedics firm makes ME foray
Dubai, January 9, 2013
France-based Serf-Dedienne Santé, a leading orthopaedics firms, is launching two of its flagship products in the Middle East.
Novae dual mobility cups
Based on an original concept developed with Professor Gilles Bousquet from the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Saint-Etienne - Saint-Etienne University Hospital - (France), Novae cups significantly reduce the risk of dislocation occurring after a total hip replacement, whether in primary or revision surgery, a company statement said.
Novae includes a comprehensive range of dual mobility cups for treating surgical indications from fitting cotyloid implants. In a highly competitive market, Novae boasts the largest clinical experience for this type of implant, according to the statement.
Tri CCC total knee prosthesis
Tri CCC (condylar constraint congruency) prosthesis has been used since 1996. The concept behind the prosthesis, a mobile bearing with rotary movement together with an intercondylar cam, provides a very high contact area – 1,246 sq mm when extended – that limits the stresses at the polyethylene insert.
The fact that the tibial insert has the ability to rotate also means that it is possible to increase the tolerance of the patellofemoral joint in the event of an error in positioning the femoral or tibial implants. A safety device prevents the risk of unintentionally dislocating the tibial insert.
The operating technique is based on the use of a differential ligament tensor to increase the stability of the prosthetic joint.
The Tri CCC knee prosthesis is available in cemented or cementless versions to adapt to a patient’s bone quality.
The extensive range also includes modular implants, meaning that it can be used in revision surgery thanks to the addition of anchoring stems and compensation shims. The prosthesis is a complete prosthetic system for knee arthroplasty.
Serf-Dedienne Santé’s products have the following certifications: CE, ANVISA, SFDA, TGA, and FDA. The company is currently looking for one or more distributors to represent the company in the Middle East. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- SARS virus claims one more victim in Saudi
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman
- Al Noor Hospitals targets domestic growth
- Medical panel on the way in Bahrain
- 40pc of UAE adults ‘have hypertension’
- Saudi diabetics urged to stay away from camels
- GCC readies plan to fight heart diseases
- Bahrain opens sickle cell hospital
- Hazardous waste focus for Oman summit
- Infectious viruses to be tracked by satellite in UAE
- Mafraq Hospital names new surgery chief
- Saudi health ministry seals BMJ partnership
- Need for medical simulation training highlighted
- UAE-France discuss healthcare collaboration
- Seha focus on patient centred services
- Saudi-Tokyo firms in wastewater technology JV
- Leading experts at Dubai diabetes conference