Dr (Col) KM Harikrishnan
Nova Medical names new GM for Muscat ops
Muscat, December 26, 2012
Nova Medical Centre, a joint venture between the Omzest Group and Nova Specialty Surgery India, recently appointed Dr (Col) KM Harikrishnan as the general manager for its Muscat operations.
Dr (Col) Harikrishnan is a surgical gastroenterologist and an accredited practitioner and trainer for diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures.
His appointment into the senior management of Nova is in line with Nova India’s initiative to establish Oman’s first surgical centre focused on ‘short-stay surgeries’.
Short-stay surgery requires using minimally invasive techniques to reduce hospitalisation and improve recovery time. Dr (Col) Harikrishnan’s is an authority in Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Surgery, which includes minimally invasive techniques to treat gallbladder disease, appendicitis, hernias, hemorrhoids, anal fissure and pilonidal cyst.
Dr (Col) Harikrishnan attained his graduate degree from Maulana Azad Medical College and obtained his Master of Surgery degree, from Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), two of the most premier medical institutions in India. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'
- 500,000 suffer from spinal cord injuries
- 3BL to assess Majaal corporate sustainability
- Diabetes experts to meet in Abu Dhabi