Batelco provides iPads to hospital ward
Manama, December 20, 2012
Bahrain’s leading telecommunications company, Batelco, has provided iPads to Salmaniya Hospital’s paediatric cancer ward for use by its young patients to entertain them during their stay in the hospital.
The sponsorship took place in cooperation with the Child Wish campaign, a statement from the company said. In addition to the iPads, Batelco has also provided a free internet line for the ward.
The company has made the contribution as part of its commitment to health initiatives, and involves itself in a variety of programmes which aim to support the wellbeing of all residents of Bahrain.
Ahmed Al Janahi, general manager, Batelco Group, said: “Batelco was delighted to lend a helping hand to the Pediatric Ward at Salmaniya Hospital. Children are the most vulnerable members of the community and especially children who are ill. Being able to support these young patients is an initiative very close to our hearts.”
The company’s corporate social responsibility programme encompasses sponsorships and donations for a wide range of programmes which include education, sports and arts/cultural initiatives, in addition to support for health programmes. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Deadly new virus a 'serious risk' in hospitals
- Panasonic in top green brands ranking
- Women demand more info on advanced breast cancer
- Type 2 diabetics ‘may fast during Ramadan’
- Qatar plans $46m investment in top solar group
- Dabur launches new haircare solution
- Bahrain hospitals win Australian accreditation
- Dust haze in Bahrain ‘set to continue’
- Bahrain’s new plan to tackle power, water
- Masdar launches wind farm in Seychelles