1,000 experts for women’s health summit
Abu Dhabi, November 22, 2012
Up to 1,000 experts and specialists in healthcare will spotlight key concerns in women’s health at an upcoming summit in Abu Dhabi organised by Al Rahba Hospital, a member of the Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (Seha).
The third National Women’s Health Conference will be held on November 23 and 24 at the Intercontinental Hotel.
Conference director Dr Nellie Boma, who is also the chief medical officer at Al Rahba Hospital, will offer welcoming remarks to kick-start proceedings, followed by Dr Karen Carbone, deputy chief clinical officer, Seha.
"After the great success of the conference in its first and second edition, we are looking forward to the Third Conference for Women's Health as we work towards the establishment of a forum to stimulate discussions on women's health, and take advantage of the latest developments in the field of medicine, said Dr Nellie Boma.
The conference will focus on key health issues confronting women, including chronic obstructive lung, cervical cancer, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, diabetes, complications related to smoking cessation, thyroid disease during pregnancy, cardiovascular diseases, surgery skin diseases, prenatal care, osteoporosis, mental health and other important topics. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'
- 500,000 suffer from spinal cord injuries
- 3BL to assess Majaal corporate sustainability
- Diabetes experts to meet in Abu Dhabi
- Summit highlights women’s healthcare issues