Dr Qasiem Nasser
Moorfields names specialist surgeon
Dubai, November 20, 2012
Moorfields Eye Hospital Dubai (Moorfields), the first overseas branch of the Moorfields Eye Hospital in London, has appointed Dr Qasiem Nasser as a specialist ophthalmologist and oculoplastic surgeon.
Dr Nasser's specialist area of expertise is ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery, including surgery on the eyelids, the orbit, and the tear drainage system.
He joins the hospital as it celebrates five years in Dubai, where it has treated over 20,000 patients since opening in 2007. Many of the hospital’s consultants are Moorfields London trained and all are based permanently in the UAE.
Dr Nasser is a Jordanian national and studied medicine at The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, following which he completed his Residency in Ophthalmology at The Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital in Dublin.
He then completed a two-year Ophthalmic Plastic and Orbital Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston and Texas Oculoplastic Consultants in Austin.
Mariano Gonzalez, managing director of Moorfields Eye Hospital Dubai, said: “We are delighted to welcome Dr Nasser to Moorfields in Dubai, where his specialist skills and substantial experience will be a valuable addition to our growing medical team.”
“Moorfields aims to provide a comprehensive range of specialist eye care to the community and the quality of our team of consultants is central to achieving this, as we continue to expand our clinical activities in the UAE,” Gonzales added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- VLCC launches anti-obesity initiative in Bahrain
- 1,000 health experts at Doha innovation summit
- Major progress in fight against malaria
- MAF Dalkia, Dubai Aviation ink consultancy deal
- Summit highlights HR challenges in Arab health sector
- Saudi launches ambitious gene mapping project
- ADSW to focus on energy-water nexus
- Bahrain moves to combat marine pollution
- Saudi hospital implements patient safety project
- Vasilica Aesthetics opens Dubai office