CSH marks World Diabetes Day
Dubai, November 12, 2012
Canadian Specialist Hospital (CSH), one of the largest private hospitals in Dubai catering to the tertiary health care needs, held a health awareness event yesterday to mark World Diabetes Day.
The hospital organised an informational and engaging interaction with special diabetes educators as well as a range of complimentary healthcare related activities, including free blood pressure and blood glucose tests.
Close to 300 visitors and patients from different communities were in attendance, taking advantage of the available tests without the need for appointments.
A school teacher with about 12 enthusiast students of different age groups, all wearing lab coats, were also brought in to observe the activities and receive a basic education on diabetes. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'
- 500,000 suffer from spinal cord injuries
- 3BL to assess Majaal corporate sustainability
- Diabetes experts to meet in Abu Dhabi