Moorfields Eye Hospital names new MD
Dubai, November 1, 2012
Moorfields Eye Hospital Dubai, the first overseas branch of Moorfields London, has announced the appointment of Mariano Gonzalez as its new managing director (MD).
Prior to taking up his new position at Moorfields, Gonzalez was the Group chief operating officer at Al Noor Hospital Group in Abu Dhabi.
John Pelly, chief executive of Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Trust, said: “Mariano Gonzalez is very well qualified to take on this important new management role within Moorfields and he brings extensive experience and an outstanding track record of achievement in the healthcare sector within the UAE to his new position.
“Mariano will continue the work of Dr Chris Canning who led the original project to establish Moorfields in Dubai and who led the team with great distinction for five successful years, following the launch in 2007. Mariano will lead the hospital through its next phase of development as we continue to expand and develop our services across the UAE.”
Mariano Gonzalez holds an MBA from the University of Phoenix, Arizona. He was Principal Professor at the Business School San Pablo CEU, Madrid, Spain, from 2000-2003. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Panasonic in top green brands ranking
- Women demand more info on advanced breast cancer
- Type 2 diabetics ‘may fast during Ramadan’
- Qatar plans $46m investment in top solar group
- Dabur launches new haircare solution
- Bahrain hospitals win Australian accreditation
- Dust haze in Bahrain ‘set to continue’
- Bahrain’s new plan to tackle power, water
- Masdar launches wind farm in Seychelles
- IHG marks environment day