Moorfields Eye Hospital names new MD
Dubai, November 1, 2012
Moorfields Eye Hospital Dubai, the first overseas branch of Moorfields London, has announced the appointment of Mariano Gonzalez as its new managing director (MD).
Prior to taking up his new position at Moorfields, Gonzalez was the Group chief operating officer at Al Noor Hospital Group in Abu Dhabi.
John Pelly, chief executive of Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Trust, said: “Mariano Gonzalez is very well qualified to take on this important new management role within Moorfields and he brings extensive experience and an outstanding track record of achievement in the healthcare sector within the UAE to his new position.
“Mariano will continue the work of Dr Chris Canning who led the original project to establish Moorfields in Dubai and who led the team with great distinction for five successful years, following the launch in 2007. Mariano will lead the hospital through its next phase of development as we continue to expand and develop our services across the UAE.”
Mariano Gonzalez holds an MBA from the University of Phoenix, Arizona. He was Principal Professor at the Business School San Pablo CEU, Madrid, Spain, from 2000-2003. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'
- 500,000 suffer from spinal cord injuries
- 3BL to assess Majaal corporate sustainability
- Diabetes experts to meet in Abu Dhabi