Bahrain breast cancer drive raises $11,000
Manama, October 20, 2012
Bahrain City Centre, the leading shopping and leisure destination in the Kingdom, hosted the second annual ‘Kick Up Your Heels’ walkathon, raising BD4,200 ($11,082) in support of breast cancer.
More than 300 members of the community came out to Bahrain City Centre to take part in the walkathon.
Coinciding with Breast Cancer Awareness Month, all funds go towards Think Pink Bahrain Breast Cancer Charity, a local charity organisation.
“Bahrain City Centre is pleased to have hosted the ‘Kick Up Your Heels’ walkathon to spread awareness and education about breast cancer to members of the community,” said Duaij Khalifa Al Rumaihi, senior mall manager for Bahrain City Centre.
“We had a great turnout at the walkathon, securing donations to support Think Pink Bahrain Breast Cancer Charity and the purchase of international breast cancer journals and text-books to for local universities. I would also like to thank the Kempinski Grand & Ixir Bahrain City Centre for their generous support in donating attractive prizes for participants.”
Adding to the excitement of the day, Ann Rayan who raised BD900 - the most funds for the walkathon, won a night’s stay for two courtesy Kempinski Grand & Ixir Hotel Bahrain City Centre, inclusive of breakfast and a single 60-minute spa treatment.
Additionally, Beverly West, the walker with the most creative “Think Pink” costume, was awarded a brunch for two at Savour restaurant at Kempinski Grand & Ixir Hotel Bahrain City Centre.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Bahrain sets up team to combat new virus
- Bahrain sees 700pc rise in use of painkillers
- BCC joins global drive on heart disease
- NBK to fund hospital expansion
- Oman launches ME-first solar driven oil recovery
- Bahrain launches major clean-up drive
- ‘Barely 50pc in Bahrain eat 3 meals a day’
- Ooredoo, Messi team up for children’s health
- Elan buys $40m stake in Dubai pharma group
- BA wins top business ethics awards