Philips launches portable oxygen solution
Dubai, July 4, 2012
Philips Respironics, a unit of Royal Philips Electronics, has launched a portable oxygen concentrator (POC) offering user-triggered and continuous flow in a design of less than five kg.
SimplyGo, Philips’ latest advancement in oxygen therapy to launch in the Middle East, offers a unique solution to homecare providers and physicians managing the therapy and lifestyle needs of their oxygen users.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and Chronic Respiratory Failure patients on oxygen prescription should use their oxygen device for at least 15 hours a day to improve their quality of life and long term survival, a statement said.
“Philips Respironics oxygen solutions give patients the choice to select the best fitted solution to help them in the observance of their oxygen therapy while still being in harmony with their lifestyle,” said Mats Dahlquist, vice president Home Healthcare Solutions International.
Like all POCs, SimplyGo delivers pulse-dose oxygen, a burst of oxygen triggered when the user starts to take a breath.
SimplyGo is also capable of delivering oxygen continuously, similar to stationary concentrators used at home. With an oxygen output up two litres per minute, SimplyGo can meet the needs of nearly all oxygen users including those who are highly active or require continuous flow.
SimplyGo comes with an attractive, functional carrying case; fold-up mobile cart; intuitive, easy-to-read screen; and detachable accessory bag. It offers flexibility with its detachable battery that can be recharged anywhere there is a power source, even in the car.
SimplyGo has been rigorously tested in extreme conditions including impacts, vibrations and temperatures to deliver reliable performance through patients’ day-to-day activities.
SimplyGo can adapt to most oxygen patients’ needs while providing them with the independence to enjoy time away from home for the day, for work, for a weekend or long vacations.
The benefits of SimplyGo also extend to homecare providers with flexible service programs or warranty options of two-, three-, or five-year to meet their individual business needs. SimplyGo’s design and comprehensive service tools also allow technicians to perform work right on site, if they choose. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman
- Al Noor Hospitals targets domestic growth
- Medical panel on the way in Bahrain
- 40pc of UAE adults ‘have hypertension’
- Saudi diabetics urged to stay away from camels
- GCC readies plan to fight heart diseases
- Bahrain opens sickle cell hospital
- Hazardous waste focus for Oman summit
- Infectious viruses to be tracked by satellite in UAE
- Mafraq Hospital names new surgery chief
- Saudi health ministry seals BMJ partnership
- Need for medical simulation training highlighted
- UAE-France discuss healthcare collaboration
- Seha focus on patient centred services
- Saudi-Tokyo firms in wastewater technology JV
- Leading experts at Dubai diabetes conference
- UAE reliance on green energy on the rise
- DB unit backs therapeutic riding programme