SGH-Dubai showcases job prospects
Dubai, May 22, 2012
The Saudi German Hospital-Dubai recently held the sixth edition of its Employers Day, showcasing the hospital’s attractions to prospective graduates.
“This event is just what the doctor ordered. It gave us a platform to introduce our hospital as a socially responsible, regionally admirable and globally commendable organization,” said Dr Mohaymen Abdelghany, CEO of Saudi German Hospital-Dubai.
“Communication is a two-way road, so we were not just marketing Saudi German Hospital-Dubai but also listening to the students’ viewpoints. It was truly refreshing to hear their perceptions of medical careers.”
“What I found most remarkable is that students are no longer looking at hospitals as just a place associated with negativity like diseases. Instead, they now see hospitals as places bubbling with positivity: it’s where new babies embark on the first chapter of their lives, and it’s also where patients regain their fitness and vitality to lead normal lives again,” he added.
“From an employment point of view, students now see hospitals as a source of livelihood, where top notch professionals make a living and bring joy to countless people,” Dr Abdelghany concluded.
The healthcare sector in the Mena region is gearing for a vigorous expansion of 14 per cent per year in job opportunities, a statement said.
This forecast is amplified by the fact that support occupations worldwide will expand by 34.5 per cent until 2020, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- MAF Dalkia, Dubai Aviation ink consultancy deal
- Summit highlights HR challenges in Arab health sector
- Saudi launches ambitious gene mapping project
- ADSW to focus on energy-water nexus
- Bahrain moves to combat marine pollution
- Saudi hospital implements patient safety project
- Vasilica Aesthetics opens Dubai office
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’