Gold-filtered water launched in Gulf
Dubai, February 20, 2012
Luxembourg-based Canadian Mineral Water has joined hands with Dubai's Number 1 General Trading group to officially launch its gold-filtered natural mineral water brand, Gize, in the Gulf region and Yemen.
Speaking at the launch on the sidelines of Gulfood expo, Babak Alikaram, the export manager for Canadian Mineral Water and Jasem Al Shehhi, chairman of The Number 1 General Trading said the non-alcoholic luxury drink is now available in the UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Yemen.
On the sales partnership, Alikaram said, "In opting for Dubai-based The Number 1 General Trading, Gize has chosen an experienced distributor for its expansion in the Middle East."
He pointed out that luxury was booming around the globe, particularly in the Middle East. 'The desire and enjoyment evoked by exquisite taste that tickles all the senses from the eyes to the palate are also ever-present at Gulfood 2012,' he remarked.
'Wherever people are looking for greater pleasure and joie de vivre, Gize is the ideal companion: in luxury hotels, starred restaurants, delicatessens, wellness centres, spas and the luxury industry,' he noted.
“Our new partner offers everything an extremely successful collaboration needs. It is important to us that we work with companies that support our strategy, companies that love luxury and share our enthusiasm for the special things in life,” Alikaram added.
Al Shehhi said working with Gize represents 'an outstanding enrichment of our product range.'
'Gize is a top-tier water. We see great potential in this product, which is particularly suited as an aperitif, an accompaniment to a one-of-a-kind dinner or as a mixed drink – for all those who wish to enjoy life’s finer things in style,' he added.
According to Alikaram, the source of the luxury, gold-filtered natural mineral water is located at Spa Springs (Nova Scotia) in the extreme east of Canada.
'As it passed through layers of rocks that formed more than 200 million years ago, it achieved a purity and degree of mineralization that is of exceptional quality and without equal,' he noted.
'This water was already praised as a fountain of youth and a healing spring 500 years ago,' Alikaram revealed.
'Gize is not only available in its classic, pristine form with and without carbonation as Gize Still and Gize Sparkling, but also in four sophisticated compositions: Lemon-Elderflower, Raspberry-Ginseng, Pear-Vinegar and Pineapple-Coconut,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Seha launches new health initiative
- Veolia backs Oman waste management meet
- Obesity rate at 72pc among Saudi adults
- Bahrain ideal for artificial rain experiment
- Riyadh 'among most polluted cities'
- CGM acquires 3 European healthcare IT providers
- The age of genomic medicine dawns, finally
- Over 300 exhibitors for Saudi healthcare event
- Mackeen unveils document management solution
- Seha opens new clinics in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain
- SARS virus claims one more victim in Saudi
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman
- Al Noor Hospitals targets domestic growth
- Medical panel on the way in Bahrain
- 40pc of UAE adults ‘have hypertension’
- Saudi diabetics urged to stay away from camels
- GCC readies plan to fight heart diseases