Global honour for Bahrain hospital
Manama, November 22, 2011
Bahrain Specialist Hospital (BSH), Juffair, has been honoured with the Joint Commission International (JCI) accreditation making it the first and only hospital in the country to be given the highest standard in global healthcare.
BSH was awarded with the accreditation from the US, having scored 96 per cent in a review of the hospital's facilities, practices and patient care, a statement from the hospital said.
The review was carried out by a JCI survey team consisting of four experts who visited the hospital last month.
A cocktail reception was held last night at the Ritz-Carlton Bahrain Hotel and Spa to celebrate the accreditation, the statement said.
It was hosted by BSH board of directors chairman Shaikh Abdulrahman Al Turki, board members and hospital management.
The event was held under the patronage of Human Rights and Social Development Minister and acting Health Minister Dr Fatima Al Balooshi, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- MAF Dalkia, Dubai Aviation ink consultancy deal
- Summit highlights HR challenges in Arab health sector
- Saudi launches ambitious gene mapping project
- ADSW to focus on energy-water nexus
- Bahrain moves to combat marine pollution
- Saudi hospital implements patient safety project
- Vasilica Aesthetics opens Dubai office
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’