Madinat Zayed Hospital wins JCIA accreditation
Abu Dhabi, November 16, 2011
Madinat Zayed Hospital, one of the hospitals in the Al Gharbia Hospitals Group owned and operated by the Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (Seha), has become the 7th Seha facility to be awarded the prestigious Joint Commission International Accreditation (JCIA).
The hospital’s achievement is part of Seha’s goal of JCIA accreditation for all healthcare providers within the Seha HealthSystem, said a statement
Joint Commission International Accreditation is a voluntary process a healthcare organization undertakes to show commitment towards the highest standards of patient safety and healthcare quality improvement, the statement said.
“JCIA accreditation is an important element in ensuring excellence in healthcare that meet or exceed globally accepted standards”, said Carl Stanifer, CEO of Seha and the Seha HealthSystem. “We are working on developing a healthcare system that is on par with the best in the world, and Madinat Zayed’s accreditation is further confirmation of our commitment to this goal.”
Other JCIA accredited SEHA facilities include Al Rahba Hospital, Corniche Hospital, Tawam Hospital, Al Ain Hospital, SEHA’s Ambulatory Healthcare Centre in Khalifa City A, SKMC Hospital, SKMC’s Outpatient Clinics, Abu Dhabi Blood Bank and Tawam Dental Clinic. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'
- 500,000 suffer from spinal cord injuries
- 3BL to assess Majaal corporate sustainability
- Diabetes experts to meet in Abu Dhabi