Sahara Centre opens for 'morning walks'
Sharjah, December 26, 2010
Sahara Centre, a leading family shopping and entertainment destination in Sharjah, has opened its doors for morning walkers’ everyday between 8am and 9:30am.
From 10 am, regular mall operations and business will get under way.
“Basic exercise such as walking can work wonders for our health. As a mall, we are thrilled with this opportunity to support the Ministry of Health’s initiative. If we can even bring about a lifestyle change among few people by opening our doors to the public, we would consider our efforts a great success,” stated Akram Ammar, general manager of Sahara Centre.
Walking has numerous health benefits - it prevents diabetes, increases the body’s metabolism, cures hypertension, stimulates blood pressure, prevents heart ailments, supports weight loss, supports healthy pregnancy and a lot more, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Saudi hospital implements patient safety project
- Vasilica Aesthetics opens Dubai office
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'
- 500,000 suffer from spinal cord injuries