Sahara Centre opens for 'morning walks'
Sharjah, December 26, 2010
Sahara Centre, a leading family shopping and entertainment destination in Sharjah, has opened its doors for morning walkers’ everyday between 8am and 9:30am.
From 10 am, regular mall operations and business will get under way.
“Basic exercise such as walking can work wonders for our health. As a mall, we are thrilled with this opportunity to support the Ministry of Health’s initiative. If we can even bring about a lifestyle change among few people by opening our doors to the public, we would consider our efforts a great success,” stated Akram Ammar, general manager of Sahara Centre.
Walking has numerous health benefits - it prevents diabetes, increases the body’s metabolism, cures hypertension, stimulates blood pressure, prevents heart ailments, supports weight loss, supports healthy pregnancy and a lot more, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Wild poliovirus in the Horn of Africa
- Conference to be held at Burjeel hospital
- Tunisia confirms 2 cases of SARS-like virus
- Bahrain sets up team to combat new virus
- Bahrain sees 700pc rise in use of painkillers
- BCC joins global drive on heart disease
- NBK to fund hospital expansion
- Oman launches ME-first solar driven oil recovery
- Bahrain launches major clean-up drive
- ‘Barely 50pc in Bahrain eat 3 meals a day’