Du launches on-site medical clinic
Dubai, November 9, 2010
UAE telecoms service provider du has established a first-of-its-kind on-site medical clinic for its employees.
Led by Emirati Dr Mansoor Anwar Habib Jaffar Ali, the clinic is located at Al Salam Tower - du’s headquarters in Dubai Media City.
“The aim of this latest initiative is to provide a facility which not only offers medical treatment but educates people on healthy habits and encourages physical activity,” said Fahad Al Hassawi, chief human resources and shared services officer, du.
“Occupational health is the emerging new issue arising globally nowadays. Since du recognises that a healthy employee is a productive employee, the on-site clinic will assist employees to feel at ease, empower them with knowledge and be their advocate in terms of their health and well-being,” added Dr Mansoor Anwar Habib Jaffar Ali, director - Medical and Occupational Health Services, du.
The clinic is fully equipped with a full-time crew and state-of-the-art equipment necessary for case by case assessment, treatment and referrals.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Bapco installs $120m water treatment plant
- $68bn health bill warning for GCC
- VLCC launches anti-obesity initiative in Bahrain
- 1,000 health experts at Doha innovation summit
- Major progress in fight against malaria
- MAF Dalkia, Dubai Aviation ink consultancy deal
- Summit highlights HR challenges in Arab health sector
- Saudi launches ambitious gene mapping project
- ADSW to focus on energy-water nexus
- Bahrain moves to combat marine pollution