Adwea inks scholarship deal with Masdar
Abu Dhabi, October 20, 2013
Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority (ADWEA) has signed a key scholarship agreement with Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, an independent, research-driven graduate-level university, in bid to boost human capital development.
Adwea is a leading government organization in the UAE providing a sustainable supply of water and power to support Abu Dhabi's growth.
The deal formalizes the terms and conditions upon which Adwea's scholars will be sourced, admitted, supported, funded and supervised for post-graduate courses at Masdar Institute, said Dr Fred Moavenzadeh, the president of Masdar Institute after signing the deal with Faris Obaid Al Dhaheri, the business support director, Adwea.
Abdulla Saif Al Nuaimi, the director-general of Adwea, was also present at the signing ceremony.
Dr Moavenzadeh expressed delight at entering into a scholarship agreement with ADWEA, one of its key stakeholders who have been collaborating with Masdar in several research projects.
"The expertise offered by our globally-renowned faculty serves as the guiding force that enables students to work towards breakthrough innovations," stated Dr Moavenzadeh.
"With the support of the country’s leadership, we continue to strengthen our capabilities for providing higher learning opportunities, more importantly in energy and water-related research.We hope the program will prove to be immensely beneficial to UAE nationals within the Adwea Group,” he added.
Al Dhaheri said the agreement was designed to create learning opportunities for the national employees and enhance their skill set through post-graduate study, including Master’s and Doctoral programs.
The program recognizes the need to encourage Emiratis to pursue postgraduate qualifications, with a special focus on water and power. It offers valuable opportunities for UAE national employees, directors and officers of the Adwea Group to continue with their postgraduate qualifications, he stated.
Since its inception, 425 students have benefited from the Scholarship program. Adwea Group also grants tuition assistance and study leave to qualified employees in order to allow them to continue their educational pursuits while maintaining their present employment status, noted Al Dhaheri.
The current scholarship agreement with Masdar Institute aims to further widen the scope of opportunities available to the employees, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools
- 30 students on WCMC-Q Dean's Honor List
- Saudi to set up new women's university