Training firms eyeing $1.7trn GCC market
Manama, October 14, 2013
The GCC region is now under the spotlight of international training companies due to its growing market, which is estimated at $1.7 trillion, an industry insider has said.
According to Leaders Institute for Training and Development chairman Ghaleb Al Oraibi this long-awaited interest from the GCC countries has followed decade long interest dedicated to developing education, said a report in the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication.
"We are seeing a global trend, followed by the GCC nations, towards training and allocating big budgets to this sector."
During a press conference, Al Oraibi said that its "Disney Style" seminar planned for November is already more than 60 per cent booked, which is a vote for Bahrain's position in staging dedicated seminars and conferences.
Titled "Services, Leadership, and Creativity", the seminar will be held under the patronage of Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro on November 3 at the Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence and Spa.
Disney Style expert Doug Lipp will be the coach.
Leaders events manager Mohammed Al Jaziri said the visit by the famous author and trainer would be his first to Bahrain, and was an opportunity for those interested to learn from his expertise.
Al Jaziri said the seminar is meant for industries including banking, insurance, services, airlines, and healthcare. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- HBMeU, Fujairah College sign education pact
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Etihad, HCT sign pact for education centre
- Workplace diversity focus of forum
- Deloitte in Islamic finance deal
- NBAD partners with top business school
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University