Tamkeen signs up for key Mena project
Manama, September 24, 2013
Bahrain labour fund Tamkeen said it has signed on as a strategic partner for Intelaaq, an initiative by the Mena Centre for Investment.
The Tamkeen move comes in line with its drive to enhance and develop the capabilities of Bahrainis and enterprises in the private sector, said a statement from the company.
An innovative project, Intelaaq enables university-level students to develop their skills by experiencing real-life work environments.
The programme will give around 20 top-achieving juniors and seniors majoring in business from the kingdom’s 14 universities the opportunity to work as professional consultants at a leading business consultancy firm in Bahrain over the course of the current fall semester. To be eligible for the programme, the students must be nominated by their respective institution.
Working as teams under a senior consultant from the firm, the students will be tasked with solving a specific business challenge facing a real company. At the project’s conclusion, the students will present their plan to the client and be assessed for their work, said the Tamkeen statement.
The Intelaaq Programme will begin in mid-October. All universities in Bahrain are invited to submit their nominations to Hana.email@example.com by October 6 to ensure their students’ placement in the programme, it stated.
Over the course of the 15-week project, the students will also be trained on important soft and hard skills needed to effectively complete their projects such as teamwork, critical thinking, and punctuality.
In addition, they will also get to learn from the experiences of leading members of the business community through Intelaaq’s Guest Lecture Series, the statement said. -TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office