British education expo to be held
Manama, September 24, 2013
Students in Bahrain will get the opportunity to meet representatives from universities and colleges in the UK during an exhibition next week.
The Education UK Exhibition 2013 (Edukex), organised annually by the British Coucil, will take place in the Al Murjan Ballroom at the Movenpick Hotel on September 29 and 30, said a statement.
The exhibition will be held under the patronage of the British Ambassador, Iain Lindsay, Higher Education Secretary General Professor Riyadh Hamza and Andrew Glass, British Council Bahrain director.
Edukex is a British Council initiative to enhance cultural and educational relations between Bahrain and the UK by helping create a knowledge-based economy.
Prospective students from across Bahrain are invited to attend the exhibition to obtain information from representatives of about 32 universities and learning institutions about acquiring UK qualifications.
Glass said: “The exhibition is a wonderful opportunity for Bahraini students and parents to find out more about the opportunities offered by the UK in the area of higher education and to get first-hand answers to any questions they may have about studying there.”
Information about institutions, entry requirements, visas, and travel will also be available at the expo. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA
- Kipco honours Kuwaiti students
- Alba launches training programme for women