Al-Futtaim picks LinkedIn for talent hunt
Dubai, September 18, 2013
Al-Futtaim, one of the region’s largest trading businesses, said it has started using LinkedIn Talent Solutions to support the company’s growth and build its employer brand in the Middle East.
LinkedIn, one of the world's largest professional network with more than 238 million members worldwide, has more than nine million professionals in the Mena region.
Through LinkedIn’s Talent Solutions’ platform, Al-Futtaim will transform the way it drives brand awareness and acquires top talent. This includes using its LinkedIn Career Page to tell a rich story about the business with images, video, employee testimonials and more, said a statement from the Dubai company.
Al-Futtaim employs in excess of 40,000 people and operates through more than 100 companies.
The group has significantly expanded its business operations in recent years through a strategic acquisition plan and has entered a number of new territories, increasing its footprint beyond the GCC and Greater Middle East to encompass South East and North Asia, Australasia and Europe it stated.
Al-Futtaim will also use LinkedIn’s flagship product, Recruiter, which allows companies to recruit the best passive candidates, (those not actively looking for work) with unparalleled search and collaboration tools, the statement added.
“As Al-Futtaim evaluates our future growth opportunities and ways we reinforce our leadership, it is important that we are able to grow our reputation and position ourselves as employer of choice. LinkedIn enables us to discover the best talent from across the world and locally, in addition to strengthening our employer brand,” remarked John Harker, the group director, HR & Marketing, Al-Futtaim.
LinkedIn’s career pages allow businesses to differentiate their business and engage with talent through video, banners and employee spotlights.
Ali Matar, the director, Talent Solutions at LinkedIn Middle East said, "As the world’s largest professional network online, we are proud to be chosen by Al-Futtaim as they seek to transform the way they acquire talent in the UAE and across the region."
"With LinkedIn’s suite of Talent Solutions, the opportunities to engage with professionals are plenty, and we are uniquely placed to help organizations find and retain the best talent by matching the right person with the right opportunity," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam