CPC sponsors Kaust education programme
Jeddah, September 3, 2013
Saudi Arabia-based Construction Products Holding Company (CPC) has signed an agreement with King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (Kaust) to sponsor its fifth Winter Enrichment Programme (WEP) 2014.
Dr Faysal Alaquil, CPC director of Business Development and head of CSR signed the agreement with Dr Abdullah Almojel, vice president of University Development, Kaust.
“Each year WEP supports variety of events to the wider Kaust community,” Dr Almojel said.
“Now in its fifth year WEP continues to bring another exciting program. We at Kaust are happy to share this passion with CPC as our inaugural sponsor for WEP 2014. By being a sponsor for WEP, CPC is not only increasing its social awareness program but also they are reaffirming the King’s vision in education.”
Professor William Roberts, WEP chairman spoke about the development of the programme over the last five years highlighting the main themes of the programme.
"Looking ahead to WEP 2014 we are preparing to celebrate the UN International Year of Family Farming and the main themes of the program will include Food & Farming, Innovation, Underwater and Environment,” Prof Roberts said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bahrain SMEs sector 'vital to economy'
- Bahrain to host entrepreneurship forum
- HBMeU, Fujairah College sign education pact
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Etihad, HCT sign pact for education centre
- Workplace diversity focus of forum
- Deloitte in Islamic finance deal
- NBAD partners with top business school
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m