Global experts for Dubai HR summit
Dubai, August 22, 2013
More than 40 regional and international human resource leaders are set to converge in Dubai for the Middle East’s largest HR conference and exhibition set to take place in October.
The 10th edition of HR Summit & Expo will run from October 7 to 9 at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
The line-up of business management practitioners includes Tom Peters, the co-author of the best-selling book, In Search of Excellence, and the world’s number one authority in management and leadership.
Having authored more than 16 business and leadership books spanning nearly thirty years, Peters single-handedly invented the ‘management guru industry’, and will discuss at the HR Summit the ‘people first’ concept that formed the basis of highly evolved dynamic organisations.
The summit will also feature Chester Elton, the co-author of the New York Times bestselling book, All In, who will address more than 2,000 delegates throughout the region about how positive leadership and fostering an organisational culture of belief can triple a company’s productivity.
In addition to Peters and Elton, heads of HR from across the Middle East and throughout the world will be speaking at the summit, addressing a regional audience about the latest HR developments that have the greatest impact on business strategies today.
Event organisers IIR Middle East have switched venues to the exhibition halls of Dubai World Trade Centre this year, where a dedicated exhibition floor will host more than 50 free-to-attend seminars, and provide a platform for exhibitors to share their latest HR solutions.
Ramy Bayyour, show director of the HR Summit & Expo, said: “Over the last ten years, the HR Summit & Expo has developed into the Middle East’s most respected ‘must attend’ event for regional HR professionals.
“Contemporary issues such as nationalisation, talent management and development, and diversity in the workplace all affect organisations’ business leadership and strategy and will all be high on the agenda at the HR Summit & Expo. This is the place where tomorrow’s strategies are discussed and transformational expertise is exchanged.”
Fareda Abdulla, vice president of Human Capital for Majid Al Futtaim Ventures, and a panel speaker at the third day session on engaging multi cultural workforces, said: “The HR Summit & Expo is an ideal platform for industry experts to discuss new leadership strategies, management practices and best-in-class principles in human resources.”
“While there is a diversity of industries represented, there is something to be learned from our industry peers. As a speaker and a guest, I am excited to exchange my professional insights and also learn new ones, so I can potentially apply them at Majid Al Futtaim Ventures.”
Another highlight at the HR Summit 2013 is the Middle East HR Excellence Awards, recognising the outstanding achievements of individuals, departments, teams and organisations that have contributed to the growth and development of the Middle East HR Industry.
The winners will be celebrated across nine separate categories at a gala dinner ceremony on October 8. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs