VKL Group in deal to run new Bahrain school
Manama, August 5, 2013
VKL Group, a key player in Bahrain's hospitality and real estate arena, has stepped into educational development with a multi-million dinar agreement to run a new international school.
VKL Holding Company and Riffa Sports Club have signed the deal which covers a project over 20,000 sq m in Bahrain's prime area near West Riffa, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"This is a good time to move into higher education in Bahrain because the government is keen to promote the education sector as the next stage in Bahrain's growth," said Al Namal and VKL Group chairman Varghese Kurian.
"We are delighted to sign this agreement with Riffa Sports Club to promote education and higher study for the people living here from different countries.
"We are committed to promoting education opportunities for locals as well as expatriates. We are keen to help shape the educational landscape of Bahrain and this project is part of our efforts.
"We actively support the growth of the kingdom's growing education sector," he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools
- 30 students on WCMC-Q Dean's Honor List
- Saudi to set up new women's university