Batelco, Tamkeen sign training deal
Manama, July 22, 2013
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecom company, has signed a deal with the kingdom’s labour fund Tamkeen for 15 of the telco's Bahraini employees to receive specialised training. as part of the fund’s Career Progression Programme.
The programme, to be carried out at Batelco Training Centre in Hamala, includes specialised modules aimed at developing effective leadership, problem solving and decision making skills relative to their positions and roles, besides training them to develop high performance teams at their work place.
Additionally, the programme will support key aims of Batelco such as helping to address the skill gaps of their Bahraini employees by providing them with high quality training opportunities to gain the necessary skills, leading to accelerated career growth and leadership opportunities within their organisations.
The selected employees will receive a salary increase depending on the training track selected, with the wage increase subsidised by Tamkeen for a maximum of two years.
General manager Human Resources Suhaila Alnowakhda said that Batelco is delighted to sign the agreement with Tamkeen to benefit from the Career Progression Programme.
“The training will enhance the efficiency of Bahraini staff and create new opportunities for professional growth. We look forward to establishing a strategic partnership with Tamkeen to further develop Bahraini human resources in all sectors, especially within telecommunications,” Alnowakdha added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Gess launches GCC education awards
- Professional social media jobs urged
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Bahrain SMEs sector 'vital to economy'
- Bahrain to host entrepreneurship forum
- HBMeU, Fujairah College sign education pact
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Etihad, HCT sign pact for education centre
- Workplace diversity focus of forum
- Deloitte in Islamic finance deal