Dewa launches staff skillls drive
Dubai, July 18, 2013
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (Dewa) has launched a club to hone skills of its ‘excellence assessors’ and optimise internal operations.
The ‘Excellence Assessors Club’ aims to further increase the ability of its employees and enable them to analyse and evaluate the internal functionings based on the Dubai Government Excellence Programme (DGEP) criteria.
The club will provide a platform for Dewa’s excellence assessors to define areas of strength and explore potential opportunities for improvement. It aims to improve the capabilities of Dewa’s 100 excellence assessors as of 2012 in the fields of organisational excellence and business development. In turn, the assessors will provide technical support across all organisational levels for various developmental projects by Dewa.
“Dewa implements best international practices and is committed to the highest quality and excellence standards. We aim to optimise our services and achieve our vision to become a sustainable world-class utility by promoting a culture of organisational excellence across all various divisions and operations,” said Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer, managing director and CEO of Dewa.
“We will consistently promote organisational excellence by supporting our excellence assessors professionally and academically, and activating partnerships with local and international organisations in this field,” added Al Tayer.
“Our efforts have positioned us as an international leader in the field of organisational excellence and internal audit, with Dewa surpassing leading American and European organisations in various fields in administration and services,” concluded Al Tayer.
“Our commitment to adopting organisational excellence as a framework across our various operations has positioned Dewa as a model organisation, both locally and internationally. Our success has been attracting our partners and counterparts to visit Dewa to learn about process optimisation,” said Yousef Al Akraf, EVP of business support, and VP of human resources.
The organisational excellence department at business support and human resources at Dewa has formed an elected committee to manage the club and develop the annual plans. The department is now exploring the possibility of expanding the club to include all excellence assessors in Dubai Government. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools
- 30 students on WCMC-Q Dean's Honor List
- Saudi to set up new women's university