Alba launches annual training programme
Manama, July 15, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) commenced it month-long annual Summer Training Programme 2013 last week.
The programme is aimed at providing high school graduates, university students, Bahrain Training Institute trainees and children of Alba’s employees the opportunity to work in Alba during their summer break, said a statement.
The opening ceremony of the programme was presided over by acting director for administration Abdul Rahman Janahi and training and recruitment manager Rawdha Salman Alaradi, in the presence of other company officials, it said.
Janahi said: “Bahrain’s future is shaped by the investments made into the lives of today’s young generation. Our summer programme is one such initiative that is geared to provide Bahrain’s youth to understand what it takes to work in an organisation like Alba and acquire professional skills that will equip them to be tomorrow’s business leaders.”
The students will be based in different departments in the organisation and will also receive training in business ethics and enterprise in action, environmental issues and safety, interview skills and CV writing, said the statement. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- NBAD partners with top business school
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair