Deloitte, IRTI sign training initiative deal
Jeddah, July 14, 2013
The Deloitte Islamic Finance Knowledge Center (IFKC) in the Middle East has signed a deal with the Jeddah-based Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI) for a collaborative training initiative.
The initiative seeks to develop a competency-based training (CBT) programme in different practice areas of the Islamic Finance and Takaful (IFT) industry, said a statement.
“This initiative between Deloitte and IRTI draws on the importance of collaboration among industry stakeholders to strengthen knowledge-sharing process and address the industry challenges and market practices. In particular this collaboration aims to streamline professional education and capacity building in Islamic finance,” said Joseph El Fadl, regional leader global FSI at Deloitte Middle East.
“IRTI considers IFKC as a strategic partner to inspire and deliver cutting edge research, capacity building, and information services in the area of Islamic economics and finance,” said professor Mohammad Azmi Omar, director general of the IRTI.
The 2013 Stability report by the Islamic Finance Service Board (IFSB) states that ‘some of the remaining challenges to be overcome include the development of human capital which increases with the development of innovative Islamic financial products and services’.
The four key objectives identified to provide ‘Continued Professional Development’ and Executive Education programmes for industry stakeholders are to strengthen collaborative approach; to provide high quality practitioner training and support; to assist clients, developing talent management strategies and competency-based training approach in Islamic finance practice; and to set the standards of professional excellence and good practices of leadership development in Islamic finance, said the statement. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools
- 30 students on WCMC-Q Dean's Honor List
- Saudi to set up new women's university