New graduates join Qatar Rail
Doha, July 11, 2013
The first batch of Qatari fresh graduates joined the Qatar Railways Company, increasing the percentage of Qatari nationals in Qatar Rail to 32 per cent.
The intake follows the Qatar Career Fair held recently by the Ministry of Labour to develop local talent. Qatar Rail provides sponsorship and internship efforts to Qatari nationals, as part of the country’s nationalisation drive, said a statement.
“We at Qatar Rail believe that rewarding careers empower Qatari youth to take charge of their own future and enable them to make informed choices and decisions about their prospects in the Qatari workforce, “said Meshal Abdulla Al Obeidan, executive director of administration.
The new recruits went through a five-day orientation programme before joining the company. It included information about all the aspects of work flow at the company, interaction with different departments, a site visit to Lusail and a Qatar Rail documentary, said the statement.
“As Qatar is rapidly growing in so many arenas, it is important that young Qataris are involved into challenging fields and understand how to run mega projects, and Qatar Rail is a great place to have such experience,” said Al Obeidan. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- NBAD partners with Insead
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair