Bahrain airport staff train in aviation security
Manama, July 8, 2013
The staff of Bahrain International Airport (BIA) and Bahrain Airport Company (BAC) recently took part in an aviation security management programme in Singapore.
Held at Singapore Aviation Academy, the training course provided participants with a comprehensive overview of the overarching principles of security management in airports and showcased the best practices in line with the International Civil Aviation Organization standards.
The training also focused on ensuring synergy of security activities and measures at BIA, including customs and airport police from the Ministry of Interior, Civil Aviation Authority, and Bahrain Aviation Fuelling Company.
“In the light of the increasing passengers and cargo movement worldwide, aviation security is crucial to maintain and stimulate the growth of this vital sector,” said Fouad Farooq, head of Airside Services at BAC, who was among the programme participants.
“Bahrain is no different as airport security is given a significant attention, which is clearly evident by attending this leading training course.”
BAC is the authority responsible for operating and managing Bahrain International Airport as a world-class airport. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- NBAD partners with Insead
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair