Tamkeen backs 36 companies at lifestyle expo
Manama, June 29, 2013
Bahrain's labour fund Tamkeen said it has supported the participation of 36 companies at the three-day AlDana Expo 2013, a leading fashion and lifestyle exhibition, in Manama.
The event was held at the Gulf Hotel from June 27 to 29.
The total contribution by Tamkeen to the benefiting companies totaled BD17,280 (45,566), a significant increase compared to 2012 which saw participation from 28 companies with total contribution from Tamkeen reaching just over BD4,500. Most of the benefiting enterprises are owned by businesswomen.
Tamkeen said the funding for the participating companies through its “Tarweej” scheme comes in line with the company's objective to enable businesses in Bahrain to enhance their capabilities and growth.
Commenting on the initiative, acting VP (Private Sector Support) Mohammed Bucheery said, “It is encouraging to see more business owners, particularly SME’s, becoming more innovative and shrewd in how they utilise these trade shows and exhibitions to maximise their exposure. Such events are the perfect platform to not only showcase products and services, but also to network, gain market insights, and build lasting business relationships.”
The “Tarweej” scheme enables companies to gain wide exposure through local, regional, and international exhibitions. All eligible companies in Bahrain may benefit from the scheme, but need to apply one month in advance of the desired event, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA