Tamkeen inks deal to boost Bahraini media talent
Manama, June 24, 2013
Tamkeen, Bahrain’s labour fund, has signed a two-year agreement with twofour54, the commercial arm of the Media Zone Authority Abu Dhabi, towards offering training in public relations and graphics to 100 Bahrainis.
The signing ceremony, which took place in the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Bahrain, was attended by Tamkeen’s chief executive, Mahmood Hashem Al Kooheji, and twofour54’s CEO, Noura Al Kaabi.
Under the agreement, training courses in public relations & communications and graphic design, developed and executed by twofour54 tadreeb, the training academy of twofour54, will be rolled out over the next two years, with future plans to offer further advanced media courses.
“This partnership with twofour54 tadreeb is an exciting step as part of Tamkeen’s mandate to enable Bahrainis to achieve their potential,” said Al Kooheji.
“We are certain that the high-level courses offered by twofour54 tadreeb will be pivotal in developing Bahrain’s promising media talents according to labour market needs, and ultimately support the sustainable growth of the country’s media sector and national economy at large.”
Prospective students will benefit from twofour54 tadreeb’s tailored courses, delivered by highly qualified bilingual instructors who have worked in some of the most respected media organisations in the world.
The duration of the public relations & communications course will be six weeks, while graphic design will be six months. Upon completion of the course, the graduates will have gained the knowledge and skills necessary to take back to the workplace, and drive the communications requirements of their industries.
Al Kaabi said: “Twofour54 is committed to the growth of the media industry across the Mena region. This training agreement with Tamkeen is a major milestone for twofour54 as it marks a significant step towards achieving our goals of being the region’s leading developer of a sustainable media and entertainment industry.”
“We are proud of this partnership with Tamkeen aimed at providing young Bahrainis with the training needed to secure employment in the media industry.
“The training solutions that Tamkeen and twofour54 tadreeb are developing and delivering through this agreement will be an effective industry-building tool that will hopefully serve as an excellent model for other GCC countries to follow in pursuit.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam