Blackberry launches scholarship for women
Orlando, Florida, June 12, 2013
BlackBerry has launched its Scholars Programme, a global initiative designed to inspire more women to enter and develop careers in the fields of science, technology, engineering and maths (Stem).
The programme will provide full, four-year tuition scholarships to outstanding women globally, who are seeking degrees at accredited colleges and universities in the areas of Stem, with a particular interest or aptitude in the area of mobile computing, said a statement.
The scholarship programme, which was unveiled by BlackBerry’s global creative director, Alicia Keys, at BlackBerry Live, is its long-term commitment to engage young women at every step of their education, from high school to university, and as they rise through the workforce.
BlackBerry will also offer mentorship and professional opportunities for each of the scholars, who will be selected based on their academic merit and passion for entering the mobile computing industry.
Application deadline for the programme is June 27. Following this, a panel of accomplished women, led by Keys, will choose the applicants from the pool of nominations submitted. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- 80 Qatari youth complete leadership programme
- Qatar launches Josoor Institute
- Gess launches GCC education awards
- Professional social media jobs urged
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Bahrain SMEs sector 'vital to economy'
- Bahrain to host entrepreneurship forum
- HBMeU, Fujairah College sign education pact
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Etihad, HCT sign pact for education centre