Qatar University inks deal with insurance firm
Doha, May 29, 2013
SEIB Insurance and Reinsurance Company (SEIB) and The College of Arts and Sciences(CAS) at Qatar University (QU) have announced a five-year agreement for student internships and workshops in all the relevant fields at the college.
The key objectives of the MoU are to share learning, develop opportunities for advancing education and development efforts of the students, said a statement from SEIB.
This can be achieved by providing real life scenarios in terms of implementing what they are studying in the workplace, it added.
As per the deal, both parties will collaborate to build capacities of the students and seek opportunities to provide them with experience of real life scenarios in terms of implementing in the workplace what they are studying at the university, remarked CAS dean Dr Eiman Mustafawi after signing the agreement with SEIB's chief executive officer Farid Chedid.
Among other objectives, the scope of the agreement requires SEIB to start an internship program for CAS students from related fields, for which SEIB will appoint experienced staff to act as internship mentors.
Similarly, the college will provide details of their programs to SEIB, and based on that,coordinators from both organizations will decide which programs will be enrolled in the SEIB Internships, stated Dr Mustafawi.
“Students at the college will be provided with a unique training experience by SEIB. We will work together to develop an internal program which enables our students to benefit from the experience of high qualified staff at SEIB," she added.
Commenting on the deal, Chedid said, "This reiterates our belief in social responsibility, in working with the country's youth and supporting them. As a responsible Qatari firm we offer our unwavering commitment to National Vision 2030 in supporting development of human capital and resources.”
"Working together we can initiate and develop great ideas, to the benefit of each other, but more importantly our customers, consumers and society. Developing education and research is central to our company, so I look forward to working with QU in the years ahead," he added.
Authorized by the Qatar Financial Center Regulatory Authority, SEIB Insurance provides tailor-made corporate and retail insurance solutions, and is especially known for handling complex risk cases.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses