16 WCMC-Q students complete programme
Doha, May 13, 2013
Sixteen students at Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar (WCMC-Q) were honoured in recent a ceremony as they completed the university’s foundation programme.
The students were presented with certificates of completion in front of an audience of their parents and faculty members, including college dean Dr Javaid I Sheikh, a statement from WCMC-Q said.
The foundation program helps students improve their English and provides a solid grounding in the basic sciences, equipping them with the skills and knowledge needed to successfully undertake the university’s premedical program.
Dr Marco Ameduri, associate dean for pre-medical education, said: “We are honored and proud to acknowledge the support of Qatar Foundation under the visionary leadership of Sheikha Mozabint Nasser. In this course we have been dealing with the very fundamental and basic facts of nature, but these concepts are not easy to understand or to grasp – you have done a wonderful job.”
Dr Ameduri and Dr Kevin Smith, assistant dean for pre-medical education, presented the completion certificates to the students. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA